Content marketing refers to a strategic business process designed to drive profitable customer action through the process of creating and distributing valuable and relevant content to a clearly defined audience. Content marketing has a high value for creating relationships with your audience. Content has the power to deliver the message of your organization and build trust among potential customers. The focus of content marketing is to empower potential customers, create lasting relationships, and generate quality content that is both entertaining and educational.
Consider these essential aspects of developing effective content marketing:
- Use storytelling to describe what you stand for.
- Generate content ideas to support content creation efforts.
- Plan a long-term content strategy.
- Build a content creation framework to keep your marketing content running smoothly.
- Become an effective writer, and make a positive first impression.
- Use repurposing to extend the value of your content and increase efficiency.
- Spend about 60% of your time promoting content and 40% of your time creating content.
- To understand whether your content is working, analyze and measure content.
- Be intentional about developing a growth marketing mentality to constantly look for new opportunities.
Blogging Brings Business
An onsite blog will boost your search engine rankings and drive traffic to your website in the form of new visitors and eventually, customers. A blog serves a dual purpose of increasing the time that visitors spend on your site and helps to solidify your brand. Blogs are also important in establishing a social media presence by creating a valuable resource for engaging content.
Did you know that websites with a blog tend to have 434% more indexed pages? An important factor of SEO is having a lot of content for search engines to index and crawl. Blogging helps search engines more easily recognize your website as a resource. Here’s another great statistic, companies who blog receive 97% more links to their website. Every time an authoritative website links to a blog post or page, your website reaps the SEO benefits. Not only is blogging essential to boosting SEO rankings, but it helps you build relationships with your readers, position yourself as an expert in the field, and helps you share news and important information with your followers.
Blogging is also a key component of a successful inbound marketing strategy. With inbound marketing, you match educational content with the specific challenges your prospects face at the perfect time in their buying process. Blogging can play a number of different roles in your marketing program. Ask our team today to learn how blogging can benefit your business.
Interested in learning more about business blogging? Visit our blog post here.